The Farmington Community Center is part of what use to be the old Farmington High School and is a big part of Farmington history. It is located on Farmington Rd., which is lined with churches and houses that date back to the 1800's.The main building of the old school has been torn down and what remains is a gym (formerly the auditorium), the cafeteria, and one classroom. Also remaining is the old agriculture building, located beside the community center, and the ball field.
Since 1971, the Farmington Community Association, made up of local volunteers, has been the overseer of the Farmington Community Center. In February 2006, the Farmington Community Center was ruled a 501(c) (3) organization by the Internal Revenue Service which claims it as a non-profit organization. In 2006, the organization also became a United Way agency. Today the Center provides programs and classes for the community, as well as providing a place for families and friends to gather for recreation and fellowship.